Best Baby Bassinet Reviews for 2018
A safe sleeping environment for baby is important. You want to make sure they are comfortable and safe. Safety and being comfortable are the two most important things you want for your child.
When placing a baby in a bassinet, make sure that there is nothing there that could potentially harm your baby. Everyone always tells me that if you swaddle, your child is fine, if you do not swaddle and your baby is in a onesie, they are fine.
All About Bassinets
Bassinets are a simple, portable crib option to keep the baby near you during the early months. They are made to support a baby up to 15 pounds and provide a safe sleeping environment for them.
Bassinets help babies to adjust to sleeping alone. With the child being near you, the baby begins to feel safe in their bed, and eventually adjust to sleeping alone.
Quick Comparison: Top 5 Best Baby Bassinet 2017 [UPDATED]
**Below, you'll find our short reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices, detail about product or read customer reviews on Amazon.com.
What Types of Bassinets are There?
There are three main types of bassinets. There are mobile, non-mobile, and rocking. These three bassinets often have a variety of options to choose from and have many makes and models.
- Mobile Bassinets
These are bassinets that usually have wheels attached. They can be moved around the house easily to keep the baby near you always. These tend to be the bassinets that can move from room to room.
- Non-Mobile Bassinets
These bassinets are often kept at the bedside, or even hung from the ceiling. These models tend to weigh a lot and aren’t practical to move around. These are usually at the bedside for recovering mothers.
- Rocking Bassinets
These bassinets are usually non-mobile and have two curved feet. This bassinet is typically kept in one place and uses a rocking motion to soothe babies with a rocking motion. These bassinets are usually found in a nursery or beside a bed.
How to Choose the Best Baby Bassinet
When choosing the best baby bassinet, you should think about the type of bassinet you want. Are you going to move it around or keep it in one location?
Do you need multiple bassinets, or just one? Would you like a play yard included with your bassinet?
There are a lot of options to narrow down before finding your best baby bassinet, but when we show off our top five list, you’ll know exactly what you’re looking for in the best baby bassinet to fit your needs!
Top 5 Best Bassinets 2017
Here we are to the top 5 bassinets! Here I’ve gone through all the nitty-gritty to find the best baby bassinet that you could want. Let’s jump in!
Delta Children Sweet Beginnings Bassinet, Falling Leaves is designed to support infants up to 15 pounds. It comes with a removeable canopy and is adjustable in height.
It is made with a steel frame and a fiber polyester fabric pad. The fabric is machine washable.
The bassinet weighs only 10 ½ pounds and is easily moved and locked into place. It has a basket underneath to hold all the things you might need for your baby.
It also has a musical nightlight attached to shine in the dark and soothe baby with gentle music.
- This bassinet has a removeable canopy and the height is adjustable.
- Lightweight frame and is easy to move from room to room.
- Locking wheels allow for the bassinet to stay in place.
- Machine washable fabric provides for an easy cleanup.
- This bassinet includes a nightlight and music.
- Only for babies up to 15 pounds.
- The frame is easily broken if leaned on or pushed over.
- The frame and bassinet are hard to assemble due to the parts not lining up.
- The bassinet may have a strong chemical odor.
Summer Infant Classic Comfort Wood Bassinet, Fox and Friends, Espresso Stain is a wheeled bassinet that can be moved from room to room. It has a musical nightlight to help baby drift off to sleep effortlessly.
This bassinet is made from hardwood and includes a quilted base. The canopy is adjustable, but not removeable, and there is a basket for storage underneath. Can handle a baby up to 15 pounds.
This bassinet weighs a sturdy 22 pounds and is easy to put together. The pad is removeable, but the fabric is not. The bassinet cannot be removed from the frame once put together.
- This bassinet is made from solid hardwood.
- Includes a musical nightlight for baby to sleep.
- The bottom mattress pad is removeable and washable.
- Large storage area underneath the bassinet.
- It can move from room to room.
- Bassinet is not removeable from frame.
- Only good for a baby up to 15 pounds.
- Canopy is not removeable.
- Fabric cannot be removed to be washed.
Graco Pack N Play Playard Bassinet with Automatic Folding Feet, Pasadena has a metal frame base with plastic and polyester coverings. The bassinet is removeable and able to be placed anywhere baby would like to sleep.
Under the bassinet is a play yard that is ready for baby as soon as they wake up from their nap. This play yard bassinet is transportable and easy to fold for travel and storage. Includes a changing pad to lay over the top of the bassinet for an easy changing station all in one!
One side with hard wheels to easily lift and move to where you want it, and mesh siding to allow baby to see and breath easily if they press up against it. The bassinet is for babies under 15 pounds, and the play yard is for children under 35” tall.
This bassinet and play yard combo can be easily folded into a small, compact travel item and be taken anywhere you want to have a secure place for baby to play and sleep.
- Easily folded into a compact design for travel or storage.
- One side with wheels, optimal safety from rolling.
- Removeable bassinet to have a play yard area.
- Includes a changing pad to make this a three-in-one bassinet.
- Durable materials make this a good option for price.
- Bassinet only holds a baby up to 15 pounds.
- Play yard is only good for children up to 35” tall.
- Fabric at the bottom of play yard is weak.
- Fabric rips around grips and feet of play yard.
HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper Bassinet - Essentia Series, Honeycomb is a swivel bassinet that has a 360˚ rotation. It has a stable 4-point base that holds the bassinet upright. The sidewalls on this bassinet can be lowered for easier access to baby, but can also be locked upright.
It has a 100% polyester fitted sheet that is machine washable and can also be wiped clean. The mattress pad is waterproof and has a pocket to keep things for your baby close by. This bassinet weighs just under 50 pounds and is not meant to be moved around.
- Fitted sheet is easy to clean and machine washable.
- Walls can lock into place or be lowered if needed.
- 360˚ rotation means baby is near you all the time.
- The base is adjustable.
- This is a sturdy bassinet.
- Canopy is not included.
- Heavy with no wheels.
- Doesn’t have a comfortable mattress pad.
Graco Dream Suite Bassinet, Mason is a wheeled bassinet that has four locking wheels so you can place it anywhere securely. It has a reversible bassinet to provide a changing table. It has an extended use changer, so you can use the changing table for babies up to 30 pounds.
It has an adjustable canopy and a storage basket underneath to hold all the things for your baby. This bassinet has a vibrating base so you can choose between two speeds to soothe your baby. This bassinet is suitable for babies up to 15 pounds.
There is a locking mechanism to ensure the bassinet doesn’t flip over and vice versa. This is a safety feature for you and your baby. The fabric on the bassinet is easy to clean and wipe off.
- The bassinet fabric is easy to clean.
- Locking mechanism ensures safety from flipping.
- Wheels provide easy movement but can be locked in place.
- Changing table can be used for babies up to 30 pounds.
- Includes a vibrating base to soothe your baby.
- The lever for flipping to the changing table is hard to use.
- Mattress is thin and flimsy, causing the baby to shift in the night.
- The fabric is not removeable from the mattress.
- Has safety hazards with mattress blocking the mesh breathable material.
The Best Bassinet for Newborns
I’m all excited to reveal my choice for the best bassinet. Overall, I was looking for a bassinet that would do a great job at holding my baby, providing comfort while they slept, and was easy to clean.
Can you guess what my pick was?
I picked the HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper Bassinet - Essentia Series, Honeycomb because of the swivel option that will always keep my baby close to me. The locking walls made me feel more secure with them being in the bassinet, and with the ability to unlock the walls and take care of them easier. The cleaning also was a huge plus for me. I want something that is easy to clean when there is a big mess (and there are a lot with new babies)!
These points made me lean towards the HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper Bassinet - Essentia Series, Honeycomb as the best baby bassinet for me and my family.
A happy baby makes for a happy home!