Best Baby Bottle Sterilizer Reviews For 2018
I always worry about germs when it comes to my children and the things they put in their mouth, which is too many things to count! Bottles are one item I always make sure are super clean, because these are where my baby’s food is coming from once I stopped breastfeeding my child.
From the time I stopped breastfeeding, I’ve done so much research on the best bottles for breastfed babies, what bottles are better for children to hold on their own, and which ones are BPA free. Finding all this information, I needed to know the best way to clean them.
I needed the best bottle sterilizer I could find, so I was on the hunt!
Quick Comparison: Top 5 Best Baby Bottle Sterilizer Reviews
Best Baby Bottle Sterilizer
**Below, you'll find our short reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices, detail about product or read customer reviews on Amazon.com.
Sterilization of Bottles
Sterilizing baby bottles is important to do when you first buy them and then about once a week (at least). Also, if your baby is sick, you should sterilize them more often than once a week. Otherwise, placing them in the dishwasher or soaking them in boiling water for a few minutes is fine to do.
What Makes a Bottle Sterilizer Better than Hand Washing?
Bottle sterilizing is better than handwashing because it reaches all the crevices and cracks that you may miss in handwashing. Handwashing a bottle is simple to do with scalding water and some good dish soap, but getting into the tight places on the nipples, the crevices on the lid and bottle could prove to be more difficult.
By missing these critical areas, you may be providing a feeding ground for unwanted germs and bacteria that could get into your babies’ food or drinks and make them sick. Therefore, I always count on the best baby bottle sterilizer!
Using the Best Bottle Sterilizer
Sterilizers are very easy to use. First, you need to make sure everything is cleaned and rinsed. Then, you place your bottles, nipples, lids and caps (even pacifiers and chew toys) into the sterilizer, plug it in, and let it work its magic.
Depending on the size of your sterilizer, you may have to do batches, but this doesn’t take too long to do, and you can walk away during the sterilization process! If you invest in the best bottle sterilizer, you won’t be disappointed!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Bottle Sterilizers
Depending on your size of the sterilizer, you may have to work in batches. This could be a simple process of two batches and up to eight or more batches depending on how many bottles you have, buy, or need to sterilize.
IMPORTANT: The Best Bottle Sterilizers
When looking for the best sterilizer for baby bottles, I knew I was going to have multiple options, and you would too. I looked through the best of the best and narrowed it down to the five I liked the most.
Here is where you will find my top 5 picks of the best baby bottle sterilizer that are available now!
Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer has a plastic construction and finishes sterilizing bottles in just two minutes! This sterilizer is very lightweight and compact and can hold up to four bottles, breast pumps and more.
This sterilizer is not dishwasher safe and is not safe for stainless steel bottles. This product comes with a set of tongs, but are small. There is no warranty for this product, but you can purchase a two-year warranty when you buy this product.
- This product is available in two sizes: four or eight bottles capacity.
- This sterilizer is the perfect size for traveling.
- This sterilizer does not take up a plug or use batteries.
- This sterilizer is not compatible with all microwave dimensions.
- This sterilizer does not come with a warranty.
- The product does not dry the items, so everything comes out wet and hot.
Philips AVENT 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer can fit up to six bottles during a sterilization process and contains two levels. It sterilizes in just six minutes and shuts off automatically. If everything stays in the sterilizer and the lid stays on, the contents will be sterile up to 24 hours.
This sterilizer is adjustable to fit different bottle heights and items you want to be sterilized. This product comes with tongs. This product is back by a full two-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- It has an automatic turn-off after the sterilization process is complete.
- The compact design of the sterilizer takes up a little bit of space.
- Can use each section separately if only cleaning bottles or nipples.
- After sterilization cycle, this sterilizer cannot be used for 10 minutes.
- This product will take up a plug space.
- The filament requires regular cleaning of calcified minerals and deposits.
Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer has a lightweight and compact design that is easy for traveling and storing. Heat-proof handles and open away latches help prevent steam burns. This sterilizer is dishwasher-safe and works in all standard microwaves.
This product can fit up to four bottles and two breast pump shields at one time. This sterilizer takes just two minutes to sterilize your baby’s bottles. There is no warranty information for this product.
- This sterilizer helps prevent steam burns by using latches and handles.
- This sterilizer can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- You can sterilize four bottles and breast pump shields in one process.
- This sterilizer will leak in your microwave.
- The plastic handles and latches are cheap and will break easily.
- When removing the sterilizer from the microwave, the pieces come apart and can spill hot water all over.
The First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer is for mostly warming bottles, but the bonus is that it can act like a sterilizer as well. It comes with a small basket that sits over the water to sterilize small parts and pieces for a quick cleaning.
This warmer can warm milk, food, and sterilize pacifiers, lids, and small toys. This product also features an auto shut-off and a lightweight design. This bottle warmer has a 90-day warranty from the date of purchase.
- This product can warm and sterilize.
- This product is lightweight and compact making for the perfect size to store or take on travels.
- This product will fit many different bottle sizes.
- It can only sterilize small parts and not bottles.
- This product does require a plug space.
- You can only warm or sterilize one thing at a time.
Dr. Brown's Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer can hold up to six bottles and has a tray for pieces and accessories. This sterilizer features a cycle indicator and an automatic shut-off. This sterilizer is easy to use and is made to accommodate the user.
This product includes tongs and a measuring cup. This sterilizer comes with a one-year limited warranty from the date of purchase.
- This sterilizer can handle any size of bottles, nipples, breast pump shields, pacifiers and more.
- One cycle in the sterilizer takes just 5-10 minutes, depending on the amount of water added.
- Simple cleaning is to run the sterilizer with water and vinegar.
- Takes up counter space and a plug space.
- This sterilizer does not dry the bottles.
- This sterilizer is on the more expensive side.
Always Having a Clean Bottle
Having clean bottles is important, which means having the best bottle sterilizer is important too! My obvious pick for being easy to use has a lot of space for more than just bottles, and can sanitize to my needs is the Dr. Brown's Deluxe Bottle Sterilizer. I like being able to add more or less water to the sterilizer for a longer or shorter cycle when needed.
Sterilize your bottles once a week at the least, and more if your child is sick. If you buy new bottles, make sure to sterilize them before their first use. If you do all these with your new sterilizer, you’ll have a happy and healthy baby with lots of clean bottles!