Best Bottles For Breastfed Babies
Hey mom, it is breastfeeding time! But we know that babies don’t only take their milk right from the breast. Bottle nipples provide an alternative way for feeding babies, and these are good news to busy mothers who will not always be around the baby.
Lactation consultants recommend the introduction of the bottle to the baby at least three weeks after birth, but most breastfeeding mamas often abide by their own schedules. Nevertheless, there is no shortage of bottles to choose from, but the core goal is to settle for the best bottle for you and your baby.
Are you planning to introduce your little one to the bottle? Of course, you will want to buy a practical and a reliable bottle for the baby. However, finding the best bottle for breastfed babies is the hardest thing for most mom especially first-time breastfeeders.
Every mom wants to invest in a bottle that truly mimics the motion, flow and feeling of the breast, but this often cripple the switch. Hurrah! It's a great day for you because we seek to make the transition from breast to bottle stress-free for you!
Top 3 Products that preferred by most breastfeeding mothers
We have taken upon ourselves and put countless bottles to a test to determine their cream. And after a deep and thorough reviews on Google, we narrowed our list down to three. We are pumped to present you a comprehensive and comparative reviews of these three products.
Check out our picks for the best three bottles in the market preferred by most breastfeeding mothers. So by the end of this comparative reviews, you’ll be able to choose the best bottle for your cute baby.
1. Comotomo Baby Bottle
Is your baby having trouble transitioning from nursing to bottle-feeding? Comotomo baby bottles is a perfect arsenal in your baby care checklist. They are designed with a naturally shaped nipple with a wide mouth to mimic a mother breasts and reduce bottle rejection. Thanks to its soft, skin-like and squeezable body.
These bottles also feature dual anti-colic vents to ensure proper circulation of air in the bottle and reduce unwanted colic. They are 100% silicone safe and BPA free. Cleaning these bottles is a breeze as they are all dishwashers, Microwave, and sterilizers safe. They are designed for babies between 3-6 months and has truly slow nipples which minimize spit ups.
2. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle
With a natural feel nipple, this baby bottle is just like a natural breast flex. The easy latch nipple ensures a smooth transition from breast to bottle. It comes with an optimum venting valve with slow venting and slow flow nipple that prevent excessive air flow and less colic. Above all, the bottles are always BPA and phthalate free for total reassurance.
They are designed for accurate feeding, with measurement markings and a comfortable hold design. The easy to hold bottle can be held in 3 ways. Cleaning and usage is an area where these bottles stand out from the crowd, and it’s extremely easy to clean and fill. Also, its breast like shaped nipple allows the baby to latch on easily.
3. Philips AVENT Classic Plus Bottles
Just like its name suggests, this nursing bottle is BPA free and clinically proven to reduce colic and fussiness. Features an extra-soft silicone nipple with slow flow rates to suit babies of all ages. This classic baby bottle is actually designed to be interchangeable and grow with your baby through different stages of development.
The bottle has few parts, wide neck and rounded edges for easy cleaning, hygiene, and healthier feeding. It is also dishwasher and microwave safe. It is leak free, and this gives an enjoyable feeding experience. It’s clinically proven to reduce colic and discomfort.
Things to consider when buying a bottle for breastfed babies
A smart mom like you will always want the very best products for her little one. Just like buying any other products, when selecting a nursing bottle for you baby, there are a number of things to consider. But wait… are you ready to go? I will take you through some of these points and recommend you to our best.
- Baby Age
- Ease of use
- Colic Size and flow
- Nipple material
- Nipple cover
- Texture Safety
Comotomo Baby Bottle
Tommee Tippee Closer
Philips AVENT Classic Plus Bottles
Size And Flow
Breast like shape
Wide neck & rounded corners
Easy to use
Silicone & BPA free
Silicone and latex free
Extra soft and skin-like
Soft and skin-like
Soft and skin-like
Buying the best nursing bottle depends on the age of your baby. Always consider whether you’re having a newborn or a toddler to bottle feed.
- Comotomo Baby Bottle; ideal for babies between 3 to 6 months.
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle; ideal for infants 3-6 months.
- Philips AVENT Classic Plus; designed for babies older than one month but will also work well with babies of all ages. It flexes as your baby grow
Size and flow
The size of the bottle should be friendly to the baby. The nipple of the bottle should not be too long as this will interrupt sucking. Besides, the flow of the bottle hold fit your child’s age. A nursing bottle that’s too large make the baby swallow excess air, and this will upset his/her tummy. Smaller bottles are ideal for newborns because they are designed with slow-flow nipples so milk will not gush out as the baby nurses.
- Comotomo Baby Bottle; available in three flow options. Slow flow nipples for babies up to 3 months. Medium flow nipples perfect for babies between 3-6 months. Fast flow nipples for big or grown up babies.
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle; slow flow nipple with a super sensitive valve.
- Philips AVENT Classic Plus Bottles; slow-flow nipples with one hole.
The shape of the bottle matters a lot in the switch from breast to bottle. Some kids are picky and may refuse bottles of certain shapes. Flat topped and wide nipples feel like moms breast; they are therefore ideal for the transition.
- Comotomo Baby Bottle; naturally designed with a super wide opening.
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle; breast like shape.
- Philips AVENT Classic Plus Bottles; wide neck and rounded corners
Most baby bottles are not designed to allow efficient circulation of air in the bottle while the baby sucks. The best nursing bottle should have anti-colic vents to ensure that air goes into the bottle instead of the baby’s tummy while milk comes out. Proper circulation of air in the bottle reduces, spit-up, burping, gas and unwanted colic.
- Comotomo Baby Bottle; dual anti-colic vents to reduce unwanted colic.
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle; optimum venting valve to reduce unwanted colic.
- Philips AVENT Classic plus; anti-colic system is integrated into the nipple.
Easy to use
The best nursing bottle has few parts which make it easy to assemble. Besides, few parts are easy to clean and will save you more time cleaning the bottle. Choose for that bottle that is dishwasher safe, heat resistant and sterilizer safe.
- Comotomo Baby Bottle; easy to clean and fill by one hand.
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle; it is easy to clean and fill. It can be held in three ways (cradled, gripped or held by the base). Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Philips AVENT Classic Plus Bottles; easy to clean and assemble assembly. Dishwasher safe and heat resistant.
Nursing bottle nipples are often made of latex or silicone. Some of these materials like latex trigger allergic reactions to babies. And because prevention is better than cure, take care “better safe than sorry.”
- Comotomo Baby Bottle; skin-like silicone material.
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle; soft silicone and BPA free.
- Philips AVENT Classic Plus BPA Free Polypropylene Bottles; extra soft silicone and latex free.
Safety Baby products should be safe and free from harmful other chemical substances. Best bottles are BPA free. Research has linked BPA to brain, heart diseases, and reproductive disorders.
- Comotomo Baby Bottle; 100% silicone safe and BPA free.
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle; always BPA and phthalate free for total reassurance.
- Philips AVENT Classic Plus BPA Free Bottles; Polypropylene and BPA free
You need a nipple that mimics the natural nipple. So go for that bottle with a soft textured nipple as the baby will think that he is sucking a mother breast.
- Comotomo Baby Bottle; extra soft and skin-like feel.
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Fiesta Bottle; soft and skin like feel.
- Philips AVENT Classic Plus Bottles; soft with a skin-like feel
Some nursing bottles come without nipple covers. But your baby suckles on the nipple; uncovered nipples may be cluttered with germs. This means every time your baby suck down a lot of germs with every sip. Definitely, no mom want this.